Below is a list of fees commonly associated with a loan closing.
- Appraisal fee
- Title Fees which can include items like notaries, title search, survey and endorsements.
- Recording fees to the county and city
- Inspection fees such as pest and mold
- Closing or settlement fee paid to the attorney or title agent
- Transfer taxes to the state and county
- Lender’s title insurance policy which protects the lender against any claims against title
- Owner’s title insurance policy (not required) which protects you against any claims against title
The above does not include items that are not required for your mortgage such as warrantees, optional insurance, or fees charged by homeowner associations or other third parties.